Learn electricity and electronics fundamentals and applications―all without taking a formal course
This fully updated guide offers practical, easy-to-follow instruction on electricity and electronics. Written by a pair of experienced instructors, Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, Sixth Edition, features plain language explanations and step-by-step lessons that make it easy to understand the material quickly. Throughout, detailed illustrations, practical examples, and self-tests reinforce key concepts. Inside, you’ll find all-new coverage of switching power supplies, class-D amplifiers, lithium-polymer batteries, microcontrollers―even the Arduino electronics platform.
This up-to-date sixth edition covers:
· Direct Current (DC) Circuits
· Cells and Batteries
· Alternating Current (AC) Circuits
· Inductors and Capacitors
· Inductive and Capacitive Reactance
· Impedance and Admittance
· AC Power and Resonance
· Transformers and Impedance Matching
· Semiconductors, Diodes, and Transistors
· Integrated Circuits (ICs) and Electron Tubes
· Amplifiers and Oscillators
· Wireless Transmitters and Receivers
· Digital Circuits
· Microcontrollers, including the Arduino
· Transducers, Sensors, Location, and Navigation
· Acoustics and Audio
· Advanced Communication Systems
· Antennas for RF Communications
From the Publisher
Fig. 26-6 Functional diagram of a class-D audio amplifier.
Fig. 30-7 An Arduino measuring its own voltage.