New to the 31st Edition
- Additive Manufacturing: Expert discussions, exploring 3D printing materials, techniques, and workflow, compare traditional machining to today’s additive manufacturing processes.
- Machine Elements and Operations: Updated and expanded coverage of CAD/CAM operations, boring, nontraditional cutting methods, o-rings and glands, and transmission chains.
- Manufacturing and Materials: Additional information on utilizing today’s plastics, powder metallurgy standard and tool steels, manufacturing stresses, and preventing corrosion.
- Metal Casting and Molding: New information for working with iron, steel, nonferrous metals, and alloys, metal casting and molding processes, and modeling and design considerations.
- Math, Measurement, and Dimensioning: Reorganized, revised, and expanded sections provide ready access to clear information, essential formulas, and everyday calculations and conversions.
- Metalworking Processes: More on brazing, soldering, welding, nondestructive testing, forming sheet metal, mill finishes, passivation, electropolishing, and plating.
- Threads and Threading: The latest series and selected combinations for Unified Screw Threads.
Digital Edition Features
- View and print text, tables, and graphics identical to the printed book.
- Zoom to magnify pages for a detailed view of complex and detailed data.
- Search the complete contents and access information you need with quick navigation aids: thousands of clickable links in the contents, text, and indexes.
- Choose online and offline viewing options on your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Android devices (download of provided reader required for offline viewing applications).
Installation Note: While we have eliminated use of a CD-ROM drive, an Internet connection still is required for setup of the Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition. This package includes detailed setup instructions and a unique access code to register a single-user digital product.